Oh hello helloooo! Thanks for dropping by! It’s been a heck of a week for so many of you, and you may be feeling frustrated about all that’s going on. Whether you or your loved ones are affected physically by this COVID-19 or your major life event (ie. marriage, graduation) had to be postponed or cancelled. Or maybe there just wasn’t any ice-cream left when you were at the grocery market today. Out of all this uncertainty, I just pray that you will find hope and peace, and that God will comfort and strengthen you. I hope these recipes will serve you well and help you at least a bit throughout this difficult time.
Aside from all the gloomy news, this linguine dish is one of my all time favourite pastas to make. No linguine? No problem. Any pasta would do. This is one of the simplest recipes I created, but definitely one of the best. It’s garlicky, lemony, buttery, and tomato-y. All the good things. Secret? A splash of white wine will do. Trust me, you’ll make it again.
- 1 lb (454 g) linguine pasta
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter/olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cooking onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 20 prawns (seasoned with salt + pepper)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/8 cup sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- optional: thinly sliced asparagus, cilantro
- Boil linguine pasta in a large pot of salted water for 9 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water for later use. Drain.
- Under medium heat, melt butter in a large pan. Add onions and tomatoes. Saute for 10 minutes until volume of liquid has tripled.
- Add a generous amount of salt and sugar.
- Add a splash of white cooking wine. Cover pan with lid. Let simmer under LOW heat until lots of liquid are coming out to become “the sauce”.
- Heat another pan under med-high. Saute garlic and butter for 30 seconds.
- Add prawns. Cook for 3 minutes until most of the prawn color has turned orange. Squeeze half a lemon into the mixture. Transfer to Pan #1.
- Stir sauce and let it return to boil. Stir in pasta and 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water. Mix.
- Optional: use the remaining garlic on pan to sauté asparagus. Add a touch of olive oil and sauté under medium low heat for 3 minutes.
- Assemble: pasta, prawns, asparagus and cilantro. Cut a few slices of the remaining lemon to serve.
- Serve and enjoy!