This is one of my favorite homemade salads of all time. It’s so refreshing and flavorful– a perfect dish for a summer potluck or mini gathering with friends and family.
- 4 apples, diced ~2cm cube (I prefer ambrosia or pink lady because they taste better in my opinion as they have that nice crunchy feel when you bite into it)
- 2 avocado, diced ~2cm cube
- 8 strawberries, cut in half or slices
- ¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped, and toasted
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann’s)
- ½ lemon, juice it all out!
- 1½ tbsp granulated sugar
- sprinkle of salt
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a big salad bowl. Mix until well incorporated. (Adjust ingredients if you want it sweeter, tangier, or have more flavor, etc.)
- Toss diced apples into salad bowl and cover them with the mayo dressing (this is to prevent the apples from browning too fast)
- Toss in avocado and mix with the apples until well combined. (Make sure you don’t crush the avocado – we don’t want mush or any green to “leak out”!)
- Place strawberries on top of the salad for a pretty look. Do not mix it before serving (this is to make it look presentable)
- Finally top it all with the toasted walnuts for a nice finishing touch.
- Serve and enjoy!