You ever have those days when you crave for something sweet, but you don’t want to feel guilty taking up too much unhealthy calories? Yeah? I feel ya. Life’s a constant battle, I know. So that’s why I had to share these amazing energy balls with you today. These lil guys are warriors. They understand us. They fight with us. We need them.
Yield: 8 bite-sized balls
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped (dried apricots work well too!)
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup finely ground almonds (almond flour)
- 1 tbsp matcha
- 1 tbsp coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp chocolate, finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 1/8 cup chocolate for melting
-For readers of my blog-
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients (except the chocolate for melting) until well combined and mixture is sticky.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat until finished.
- Place balls on a parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Spoon a teaspoon of chocolate and spread/drizzle over bliss ball. Repeat with all the remaining balls until finished.
- Let it chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!