For those of you who love salads, this dish is nothing but healthy and delicious. It’s my go-to salad recipe because of its simplicity. You probably won’t turn back to store-bought dressing ever again! These greens are infused in a balsamic vinaigrette dressing and topped with an avocado. But you really can customize to whatever toppings you wish!
- 3 handfuls of Spring Mix Greens
- 1/2 avocado
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Suggested/Alternative toppings: sliced oranges, apples, nuts
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, garlic, salt and pepper with balsamic vinegar and lemon juice until dissolved.
- Slowly beat in oil whisking constantly.
- Toss spring mix with balsamic dressing.
- Assemble salad with your own favourite toppings!
- Serve and enjoy!