These are exactly what the name suggests – cinnamon bun rolls but Nutella filled instead! It’s essentially a really soft bread made with yeast wrapped around Nutella and nuts. On top of all of that, you get a vanilla glaze with added Bailey’s. If you got one of those bottles sitting at home like me, try it out! You’ll thank me for it. These Nutella Bun Rolls are definitely a real treat to indulge in whether you’re making it for yourself, your family, or a party this weekend!
Yield: 12 bun rolls
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 1/8 tsp yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + a little for handling
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds all are great!)
Vanilla Glaze (with added Bailey’s)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp Bailey’s (or milk)
- Add yeast and sugar to warm milk in a large bowl. Stir gently to combine and allow yeast to foam (~10 minutes). Once yeast has proofed, stir in melted butter, salts, eggs, an flour into yeast mixture. Gently mix until well-combined.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for ~10 minutes. Form dough into a large bowl and place in a large buttered bowl. Cover with plastic or a cloth and place in a warm area. Allow dough to rise and double in size (~2 hours).
- Meanwhile, lightly butter a baking 9’x9′ pan.
- Place dough on a large lightly floured surface and roll into a rectangle, 1/4 inch thickness. Spread Nutella on dough.
- Sprinkle nuts on top of Nutella, covering every corner and missing area.
- Tightly roll the dough, beginning at the long edge, until a log of dough has been formed.
- Cut dough into 1 inch slices and place onto lightly buttered pan.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Allow rolls to rise for 30 minutes on pan.
- Place rolls into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through (but not overcooked!)
- While buns are baking, prepare vanilla glaze by melting butter in a bowl.
- Stir in powdered sugar and mix well until dissolved and clumps are not present. When mixture is smooth, add vanilla and Bailey’s. Mix well.
- Remove Nutella rolls from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. They will all be touching each other and that’s totally fine!
- Spread vanilla glaze over rolls while they are warm.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Note: for those who are using a stand mixer instead of handmixing, attach dough hook to knead dough in mixer for ~8 minutes. Then, continue on with recipe as instructed.
Adapted from Add a Pinch