It’s almost Christmas and while many of you are already doing your Christmas shopping, I’m still stuck here studying for my final exams. And of course, being the crazy foodie that I am, that’s when I decided to make these beautiful Christmas-themed crepes to cheer me up a little AND to immerse myself in the mood of this joyful season. Help yourself and your loved ones by making this delicious French-Japanese inspired dessert. Then, top it off with your favorite fruits and toppings!
Yield: 12 crepes
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp matcha + 3 tbsp water (mixed until no clumps)
- Toppings: raspberries, bananas, whipped cream, maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients, pulsing for 10 seconds.
- Place batter in fridge for around 1 hour.
- Heat a non-stick pan brushed with a smear of butter on low heat.
- Using a ladle, spoon around 1/4 cup batter onto pan and quickly swirl the pan to create a circle crepe, making sure to fill any holes.
- Wait 1-2 minutes. Flip crepe and wait another 40 seconds until edges are slightly brown.
- Serve with fresh fruits, whipped cream, and maple syrup.
- Serve and enjoy!