Who would’ve EVER thought matcha latte can be made at home without an expensive brewing machine? Not me! Not until I discovered a positive correlation between muscle energy vs the beauty of a matcha latte! I really got no Popeye muscles at all but I’m trying to appreciate what my body can do as opposed to what a machine can do. You will very soon experience it for yourself. Takes about 10 minutes of your day using only 3 simple ingredients. And best of all, you can now look forward to your Mondays better than you ever used to!
Yield: 1 cup
- 3/4 tsp matcha
- 1 cup almond milk (milk, soy milk all work great!)
- 1 tbsp honey
-For readers of my blog-
- Heat milk in a small pot with lid on under medium-high heat. When it starts steaming and just before it boils, turn off heat.
- Add honey in hot milk and let it dissolve. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, add matcha into cup and pour 3 tbsp of the hot milk into the cup.
- Using a spoon or a hand-chasen, mix the matcha and milk well until a smooth thin paste forms.
- Pour the hot milk in a medium-sized jar enclosed with a tight lid (or a insulated thermos – even better). The bigger the jar, the more froth you can make.
- Ensure it is tightly sealed. You don’t want liquid to leak out when you shake.
- Shake the jar vigorously for 10 seconds. If it gets too hot for your hands, use a damp cloth to wrap it around the jar before shaking.
- Open the lid (be careful of the built up pressure!) and pour milk into the prepared cup. Make sure to get all the froth out of the jar!
- Serve and enjoy!