This simple-to-make banana bread is nothing short of delicious, moist and flavorful. I absolutely love making banana bread because it’s fast, easy, cost-efficient, and only involves several ingredients. It’s perfect for breakfast the next day too! Everybody hates wasting food, especially when you got to throw away your favourite snacks. So I’d say bananas are a miracle in itself. Just when they turn all brown and mushy gushy, it is the prime time to transform those imperfect babies into a perfect loaf of banana bread!
Yield: 1 loaf of banana bread
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable, canola, grape-seed all work great!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease or line loaf pan with parchment.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed bananas, eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar, and milk.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Gently mix in walnuts. Pour in prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 mins. Insert a chopstick or a long thin toothpick into center to check if cooked. (If it stick to batter, put it back into the oven). Repeat this method every 10 minutes if it needs more time!
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Genius Kitchen