Lately, I’ve been eating acai bowls for breakfast. It is made simply from blending your favorite fruit ingredients together with some almond milk. And since avocados are a big hit in the summer, I’ve blended them with bananas and walnuts. I absolutely love mine with matcha (of course) – just to bring out the extra taste of nature. Acai bowls are really just thick smoothies topped with your favorite breakfast ingredients. It’s definitely great for a healthy, but scrumptious breakfast!
- 1/2 banana
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups almond milk/soy milk
- 1 tsp Midori matcha
- 4 pcs walnuts
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal (opt.)
- toppings: sliced bananas, blueberries, granola
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of almond milk with matcha until lumps disappear and mixture is smooth.
- Add banana, avocado, remaining almond milk, walnuts, honey and matcha mixture into blender.
- Blend for 10 seconds until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with your favourite toppings.
For those who are wondering where I get my matcha from, I highly recommend Midori (culinary grade matcha) from Matchaelogist as they produce various grades of premium quality matcha that is perfect for any matcha lovers.