Back in those elementary school days, rice krispies were my absolute favorite snack. I loved the sweet taste and the chewy texture when you bite into it. You won’t believe that something so simple to make can be so delicious! (You don’t need to bake em!) And of course, added matcha enhances the flavor and balances the sweetness of the marshmallows. It’s really a great combination.
Yield: 16 bite-sized squares
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla/almond extract
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 4 cups rice krispies
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- Melt butter under low-medium heat in a saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add vanilla/almond extract and stir.
- Add in matcha powder and stir to remove any lumps.
- Add in rice krispies and stir until fully incorporated.
- Transfer into a 9’x9′ square pan and press down on it with a piece of parchment paper, making it flat and even.
- While the rice krispies are cooling, microwave chocolate for 20-30 seconds. Then, use a spoon to stir the chocolate until its fully melted.
- When rice krispies are cooled down, run a butter knife along the sides of the pan to loosen it. Invert it upside down on a plate or cutting board. Cut into 16 bite-sized pieces (or to whatever size you wish).
- Dip rice krispy squares into melted chocolate and sprinkle with coconut flakes if desired.