Mushrooms are delicious in and out of itself. But have you had STUFFED mushrooms that are filled with your favorite gems? I personally love tuna a lot so first thing I thought of was stuffing tuna in these mini treasure chests. Don’t let the photo fool you in thinking it’ll take lots of time to make; this is again an easy recipe that will leave everyone coming back for more!
- 12 Cremini/Button Mushrooms
- 1 canned tuna (133g drained weight)
- 1 celery stick
- 1/2 cooking onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove mushroom stems by popping it out with your thumb. Wash mushrooms to remove any dirt. Dry them with paper towel and place them on a baking tray (no need to grease!)
- Sprinkle mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- To make the stuffing: in a medium-sized bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, lemon juice and salt + pepper.
- Add in canned tuna and using a fork, press down on it to make a mushy texture while incorporating it into the mayo mixture.
- Stir in celery and onion.
- Spoon and stuff tuna mixture into mushroom pockets.
- Top mushrooms with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 mins until cheese is melted and water starts coming out from the mushrooms.
- Serve and enjoy!