This is one of my favourite go-to eats if I am tight on time but would like something hot to warm me up on a chilly day. These simple ingredients gives so much flavour to your soup- you just might not turn back to instant ramen no more! What gives the soup so much essence is the marinated pork tenderloin sautéed with garlic in sesame oil. And if you ever want to reward yourself for saving money to cook at home, always, ALWAYS poach an egg in your broth!
Time: 20-25 mins
- Your favourite kind of noodles (eg. udon, rice noodles, flat noodles… you name it!)
- 4 cups of Water or Chicken Broth
- 1.5 cup Pork Tenderloin (minced)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 3 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp White pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- *if you are a cilantro fan, you can save a little and add chopped cilantro to marinate as well*
- 1 block Firm Tofu, divided into 4-6 chunks
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 cups Bean sprouts
- 1/2 Green onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 Eggs
- Sauces + Extras for cooking
- 1 tbsp Rice wine
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- Wash bean sprouts, green onions, cilantro, and garlic.
- Chop green onions, cilantro and garlic.
- Slice pork tenderloin into slices, then minced them into M&M sized pieces.
- Marinate minced pork (with sesame oil, soy sauce, white peppers, sugar, cornstarch +/- chopped cilantro)
- Boil water to cook noodles (time depends on noodles used). Drain water and transfer noodles to eating bowls.
- Using the same pot, boil water or chicken stock. Add a pinch of salt into stock.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, sautée pork tenderloin in oil, adding the chopped garlic. Separate minced pieces and add rice wine. Cook for around 5-7 mins. While pork is being cooked, add tofu in the same pan. Add oyster sauce on top of tofu, cooking them until yellow-brown on both sides. Transfer and divide tofu and minced pork into eating bowls.
- Once the stock pot is boiling, crack eggs gently into pot. Cover pot using lid for 2 mins until egg whites are opaque and yolks are still soft and runny. Add green onions and cilantro.
- Pour soup and eggs into eating bowls.