Who thought brownies can only be made with cocoa powder and dark/milk chocolate? Me (*embarrassed face*)! When I discovered these lovely matcha brownies, I couldn’t resist making it over and over again. It is SO amazing.
Yield: 16 bite-sized brownies
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp milk (almond or soy milk works great too)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup white chocolate disks/chips or maltesers, chopped
- Preheat oven to 330F and line a 8″x 8″ baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and matcha powder.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Add milk and stir. Gently stir in melted white chocolate. Use a spatula to scrape off sides. Add in flour mixture into wet mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into lined baking tray. Bang tray on counter a few times to remove air bubbles trapped inside.
- Bake for 15 mins, then take pan out and add white chocolate chips or chopped maltesers on top.
- Continue baking for another 5-10 mins until edges are golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let it cool in tray for 15 mins before transferring onto a cooling rack.