If you like poached eggs on toasted bread with a dollop of rich, lemony buttercream sauce, then this is for you. What a delicious breakfast to start off any day!
- Hollandaise sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bread, toasted
- 4 slices of bacon or any meat (optional)
- 20 asparagus
- Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice in a mixing bowl vigorously until mixture has thickened and doubled in volume.
- Place mixing bowl onto double broiler under low heat and keep beating continuously with whisk, avoiding eggs from cooking.
- Slowly add in melted butter while whisking continuously and vigorously until sauce has thickened and doubled in volume.
- Remove from heat and mix in salt. Cover and leave aside in a warm place.
- In a small pot, boil water. Gently crack an egg into boiling water and cover pot with lid for around 2-3 mins under low-medium heat. Transfer poached egg onto plate lined with paper towel. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Repeat for all the eggs.
- In a pan, cook bacon for 3-4 mins each side until crispy and golden brown. Transfer onto plates.
- Using leftover bacon oil in the pan, add asparagus and cook for 5-7 mins until tender. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Putting it together: gently place bacon, asparagus, and poached egg onto toasted bread and using a ladle, cover poached egg with Hollandaise sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!