If you tell me you have chocolate lava cake for me, I’d probably scream out loud. I LAVA my chocolate and if you have some dark chocolate lying at home, please don’t hesitate to make these gorgeous edible mini volcanoes. They are absolutely AMAZING.
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate (I like using dark chocolate)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup icing/powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 6 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Butter ramekins and place onto baking tray
- Microwave (1 min) or double boil chocolate and butter until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well. Stir in flour.
- Spoon into ramekins.
- Bake for 13-14 mins until edges are firm and the center is still soft and jiggly. (Check often as sizes of ramekins differ)
- Let it stand for 1 minute before serving it upside down on a plate.
- Serve and enjoy!